Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Are We There Yet?


Day two of our travels started well. Dustin may be convinced that not ALL of N. Dakota is boring as he had to admit that the area around the Bad Lands and Roosevelt National Park was interesting. Driving past the park I finally got to see something I'd been hoping to see for three years. (Last time I was in ND). There along the freeway, inside the park, was a band of about 6 wild mustangs. There are three or four bands that live inside the park. They were beautiful, but sadly I couldn't take a picture because of being on the freeway. We did stop later and take a few pictures however. I enjoyed watching the breeze running over the tall grass as we drove. It reminded me of a vast lake with the wind creating small waves.

The Pugs have been great travelers. Sammy and Ugga however, may be going home with Auntie Lois if they don't start sleeping more at night!! We spent the night in Alexandra, MN last night. It seems like a nice town and I'm anxious to see more of Minnesota in the daylight. We are going to do a little over 400 miles today, so an easier day for us. I suppose I'd better get this show on the road so we can collect a few hugs that I hope are waiting for us in NY!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Badlands! On one of our first trips by car from Michigan to Montana, we literally drove west across SD at 100 mph, the only car in the midst of a pack of every motorcycle in the world traveling to Sturgis...all so wecould get to the Badlands in time to see the sunset over them. Pure magic, and very other worldly!
    Continued safe travels and enjoy MN.

    ReplyDelete