Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On the Road...Finally


Well, here we are, a little behind schedule, but finally on the road and on our way to the Third Forever Pugged gathering in Marlboro, New York. Due to circumstances beyond our control, our departure was pushed back a couple of days to Monday. After packing the van with more things then I thought was possible (thanks for the help Linda), we hit the road at exactly noon. It was a very nice day for a drive, not too hot, not too much rain and not much traffic either. Ok, I thought it was a nice day for a drive, D. on the other hand...well, he isn't too excited about the driving part. LOL I especially enjoy watching the scenery change as we traveled across the state. We have the beautiful, pine covered mountains as we travel through western Montana, that gave way to the rolling, but green hills and open valleys in the central part of the state, and finally the vast, open prairies with interesting rock formations in the east. We traveled from an elevation of 6400 feet down to just over 2000 feet here in Glendive.

The Pugs were great travelers. They slept most of the way and only got restless to tell me it was time for a potty break. After we all got our potty breaks coordinated (everyone takes care of business at a rest area rather than individual stops) we made pretty good time and arrived in Glendive, MT at about 9:15 pm. I must remember that no matter how late it is when we arrive at our destination, the Pugs must go for a bit of a walk. The wanted to play well after it was lights out for us.

Today we travel through North Dakota. I've done this drive before and didn't find it unpleasant, but D. is not in favor of the long, straight roads and (in his mind) unchanging scenery. I think he will come to realize that it is more interesting than he thinks.

Well, that about wraps up the beginning of this adventure for the Travelin' MT Pug Pack. Look for another update soon from somewhere east of here!

P.S. The pictures don't seem to want to cooperate this morning, so I'm posting without them for now. I'll have to consult with my technical adviser and see what I'm doing wrong!.

No comments:

Post a Comment