Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thank doG I'm a Country Girl

Greetings from Rockford, IL. We had what seemed like a slow day yesterday with a lot of "road construction" that slowed things down. I put that in quotes because it seems that while they enjoy blocking off a lane of the freeway for 20 miles and slowing people down to 45 or 50 there doesn't seem to been much construction going on. Oh well.

Yesterday took us through Minnesota and Wisconsin. Most of the driving in Minn. is rural, country side. Then you hit the CITIES!!! What a mess that place is and especially with the two cities together. It seems to go on forever with left and right hand on and off ramps, more signs then a speed reader can read at 65 miles an hour and everyone in a hurry to get nowhere that important. We did well, didn't take any wrong turns and only had one close call when some "guy" (I'd like to use stronger language here but I'm keeping this G rated) thought he needed to work the crossword while he was driving and tried to change lanes without looking! I'm sure I'll be enjoying driving by/through Chicago just as much today. LOL

We finally hit Wisconsin. I think next to reaching New York, I've been looking forward to Wisconsin the most. I think it's a beautiful state, so green and lush. Some day I'd love to have time just to take a vacation there. We saw a beautiful sunset in our rear view mirror as we were driving. Dustin has been a fantastic navigator, great company and a real trooper for letting me drag him clear across the country on an adventure.

The Pugs were very good and let us sleep last night. Things should go well today. I promise you all pictures soon, but the camera is out in the van and I'm too lazy to go get it!

Rolllin' on to New York!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment